- Newcastle, Hunter & Maitland Region
- Administration & Office Support – Contracts administration
- Full Time
3ME Technology is a technology clean-tech powerhouse focused on designing and supplying battery and electric vehicles systems to the mining, military, and marine industries. We have a team that are passionate about enhancing safety, performance, and sustainability within these markets. Together we empower change in the highest, deepest, and toughest applications through supply and support of next-generation, heavy-duty batteries, and e-mobility systems.
Due to an internal growth opportunity, we have an exciting full-time opportunity for a Procurement Officer to join our growing team. This position is within the Administration team and provides oversight for all the purchasing activities to support our projects, research, workshop, and production teams by managing the end-to-end supply chain to ensure timely and cost-efficient delivery of high-quality components.
- Working with our project managers, engineers, and workshop and production managers to select and procure items to meet our requirements within time and budget and liaising with internal teams to ensure all purchasing queries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and support to conduct forward planning with management to forecast inventory requirements and optimise ordering to reduce working capital and costs.
- Working with management to develop contingency plans and ensure supply chain risks are mitigated.
- Actively manage domestic and international suppliers to ensure order completion and delivery on schedule and within budget.
- Actively manage freight and logistics to ensure order completion and delivery on schedule and within budget and managing the importing of goods including Customs and duties payable.
- Monitor supply agreements, payment terms and invoices paid to ensure the Company meets its payment commitments to suppliers.
- Collaborating with the Finance and Operations teams to verify invoices, process orders, and support store requisitions through recording, matching and document checking.
- Developing supplier relationships to maintain excellent service, priority supply, and early warning of supply chain issues.
- Maintaining document control and compliance registers.
- Supporting to preparing and formatting documents, reports, and presentations.
- General support such as greeting visitors, responding to email enquiries, ordering, and picking up office supplies.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Qualification in Certificate III in Business Administration, Procurement, or equivalent.
- 2-3 years’ experience within a similar role within freight, logistics industries would be preferred
- Experience in supply chain and procurement practices within freight, logistics industry, would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Teams, Share Point, Excel, Power Point.
- Experience in Accounting and ERP software such as Xero and Fishbowl would be an advantage.
- Excellent customer service and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaborate as part of a team.
- Good time management and high attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to priorities, manage tasks and meet timelines.
- An uncompromising approach towards safety.
You must have working rights to work and live in Australia.
Police Check will be required for this role and the ability to obtain a Defence Security Clearance may be required.
To apply for this role, please provide a cover letter with a summary of how you meet the criteria.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.