Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Trades & Services – Automotive Trades
3ME Technology provide clean-tech for tough industries. We are powering change in the highest, deepest, and toughest applications through supply and support of next-generation, heavy-duty batteries, and e-mobility systems. At 3ME Technology we deliver next-generation battery technology for Resources, Defence and Marine Sectors, including but not limited to battery electric mining vehicles (BEV), next-generation soldier power solutions and underwater remote operating vehicles (ROV).
We are seeking an experienced Auto Electrician to join our fast-growing team in Cardiff. You will be responsible for installations, integrations, maintenance, modifications, testing and validation, and repairing of electrical wiring and electronic components for our batteries and battery management systems under 120 volts. You will work closely within the workshop and trades team whilst working closely with our engineering and project management teams.
Your role will include:
- Electrical Low Voltage (120 volts DC) and Integration of LV systems
- Assembling and installing of electronic and electrical systems.
- Support wiring the looms for vehicles, such as mining, construction, and defence equipment.
- Performing electronic diagnostics and fault finding as well as repairing electrical and electronic components.
- Performing routine revision and maintenance of our batteries and battery management systems.
- Ability to interpret electrical and electronic schematic drawings and provide updates to drawings after testing and validation occurs.
- Ability to read and interpret circuit diagrams.
- Make improvements and enhance to our products and services electrical and electronic systems.
- Prepare time and cost estimates to support the team to meet project requirements.
- Required to conduct commissioning and verification testing aligned to quality management system.
- Carry out safety inspections on the products to ensure it meets all relevant safety requirements and standards.
- Support to develop processes and work instructions as required.
You will have:
- Trade Qualifications as an Automotive Electrician.
- Have a minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar auto electrical role with mechanical experience.
- Hold a Current NSW Drive Licence.
- Working knowledge of electrical safety regulations.
- Knowledge of diagnostics tools for vehicle electrical and electronics.
- Average computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to read electrical, electronic schematics and circuit diagrams.
- Ability to carry out and repair electrical wiring in a range of products, vehicles, and heavy equipment.
- Strong manual skills and precision when carrying out repair and testing.
- Desirable to have qualification as Fridge Mechanic.
We Offer You:
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Work life balance.
- Collaborative team-based culture and working environment.
- Opportunity to grow yourself and your career.
- Employee benefits such as Novated Lease.
- Great location (Cardiff, NSW) being 20 mins from beaches and Newcastle CBD.