Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Engineering – Electrical/Electronic Engineering
3ME Technology is a technology clean-tech powerhouse focused on designing and supplying battery and electric vehicles systems to the mining, military, and marine industries. We have a team that are passionate about enhancing safety, performance, and sustainability within these markets. Together we empower change in the highest, deepest, and toughest applications through supply and support of next-generation, heavy-duty batteries, and e-mobility systems.
We have an exciting full-time opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our growing team to manage and work on a range of projects, and manage the preparation of concept plans, detailed electrical designs, test electrical devices and equipment, construct the relevant documentation and oversee the manufacture and production assembly, whilst continuing to improve and working in collaborate within a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Work on a range of electrical engineer projects you are required to design, maintain, and implement or improve the electrical instruments, components, and equipment for our products and services.
- Successful certification of the battery and other electrical power solutions and equipment.
- Manage the preparation of concept plans, detail design plans as well as construction documentation.
- Performing a range of engineering tasks by operating computer assisted design (CAD) and other engineering software as required.
- Assist the engineering team discuss new and potential engineering products and project and to meet project deadlines.
- Provide engineering design, drawing development and updates and correctly maintain documentation requirements and standards.
- Apply your understanding of Australian and International Standards, government standards, specifications, and process. Ensure that compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements are maintained, validated, and tested to the appropriate standard.
- Provide an understanding of the standards, acts and regulatory audits and application support.
- Support functional safety assessments, life cycle management, risk assessments and Failure Modes Effects & Critically Analysis (FMECA).
- Produce test procedures and reports including complying data and potential electrical engineering projects and studies and conduct testing and rigor of designs.
- Provide mentoring, guidance, and coaching to support to increase our engineering capability and development.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering is desirable but alternative qualifications combined with experience will be considered.
- Desirable licensed professional engineer.
- 5+ years electrical engineering experience in mining and heavy industry desirable.
- Electrical design and commissioning principals to support product design, testing, and validation.
- Proficient with using computer-aided drafting (CAD) software with the ability to read and understand drawings.
- Proficient in design and calculations (software).
- Capacity to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- An uncompromising approach towards safety.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
You must have working rights to work and live in Australia.
Police Check will be required for this role and the ability to obtain a Defence Security Clearance when required.
To apply for this role, please provide a cover letter with a summary of how you meet the criteria.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.