Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Trades & Services – Electricians
3ME Technology provide clean-tech for tough industries. We are powering change in the highest, deepest, and toughest applications through supply and support of next-generation, heavy-duty batteries, and e-mobility systems. At 3ME Technology we deliver next-generation battery technology for Resources, Defence and Marine Sectors, including but not limited to battery electric mining vehicles (BEV), next-generation soldier power solutions and underwater remote operating vehicles (ROV)..
Due to rapid growth, we are seeking another experienced Industrial Electrician to join our team in Cardiff to work closely with our engineering and project management teams. You will be responsible to perform general electrician duties and functions related to electrical controls, equipment and wiring within the workshop and production area. You will be required to perform testing, troubleshooting, installation, and repair work on electrical components.
Your role will include:
- General electrician duties within workshop and production space.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical and material handling equipment.
- Evaluate, make recommendations, and provide guidance on required repairs, maintenance, and ideas to improve the products.
- Perform scheduled assessments and preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Ability to work with another Industrial Electrician, Electrical Engineers and Apprentices, on a variety of projects.
- Identify electrical needs/scope of work for future production works.
- Design, build and wire electrical panels (up to 1000V).
- Modify vehicle electrical harnesses and add new plugs.
- Maintain up to date documentation and drawings.
- Experience in switchboard wiring and commissioning.
- Exposure to vehicle and plant wiring.
- Exposure to or experience in standard application and auditing.
- Report to Management on project deliverables and timeframes.
- Display a safety-focused approach to all duties.
You will have:
- Minimum Electrical Trade Certificate / Qualifications. Hold a Current Licence.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- An understanding, or previous work with hazardous areas.
- Functional soldering skills.
- High attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and work, health, and safety standards.
- Electrical experience working within projects teams.
- Demonstrated experience reading schematic drawings.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team and autonomously.
- Strong work ethic and self-motived.
- Reliable with the ability to manage your time and priorities.
- Experience in resources sector, underground mining equipment or in an industrial environment.
- Understanding of AS3800 and AS2290.
- Experience with installation of computer controllers, battery chargers, electric motors and electric motor controllers.
- Experience with road vehicle electronics.
- Experience with the installation of communication systems (e.g Ethernet, CAN).
We Offer You:
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Work life balance partnered with collaborative team-based culture and working environment.
- Great location (Cardiff, NSW) being 20 mins from beaches and Newcastle CBD.
You must have working rights to work and live in Australia.
Police Check will be required for this role and the ability to obtain a Defence Security Clearance when required.
To apply for this role, please provide a cover letter with a summary of how you meet the criteria.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.