Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Engineering – Mechanical Engineering
3ME Technology is a technology clean-tech powerhouse focused on designing and supplying battery and electric vehicles systems to the mining, military, and marine industries. We have a team that are passionate about enhancing safety, performance, and sustainability within these markets. Together we empower change in the highest, deepest, and toughest applications through supply and support of next-generation, heavy-duty batteries, and e-mobility systems.
We have an exciting full-time opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team and to work on all stages of the product stages from research and development to design and manufacture. You will mechanically design and manage a range of projects from the preparation of concept plans, to detailed designs and to develop relevant documentation supporting the products, equipment, and systems. We have an agile working environment where we continue to innovate, improve ourselves and our products whilst working in collaborate within a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Perform full life-cycle product development and continuous improvements that include design, develop, test protypes, manufacture and implementation).
- Produce designs for systems and components that meet the customer and product requirements.
- Develop and test mechanical prototypes.
- Conduct testing methodically, then analyse data, provide opportunities for development and potential risks, and interpret the results.
- Ability to identify faults and product effective solutions to existing or emerging issues.
- Ability to alter designs and modify to meet the requirements to improve reliability and any malfunctions.
- Documentation and quality control of mechanical manufacturing processes.
- Provide technical support for the product, equipment, and systems.
- Collaborate and knowledge sharing within the team.
- You will adhere to all the company policies, procedures, guidelines, WHS (Workplace Health & Safety) and any relevant legislation.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering.
- High level of competence in computer-aided engineering (CAM) software packages (solid works, AutoCAD).
- Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools (ANSYS, or similar)
- Mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, Excel, LabView, etc.)
- Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science etc.
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner.
- Technical writing and documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team collaboratively.
- Demonstrate time management skills with ability to prioritise and manage timelines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
You must have working rights to work and live in Australia.
Police Check will be required for this role and the ability to obtain a Defence Security Clearance when required.
To apply for this role, please provide a cover letter with a summary of how you meet the criteria.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.