Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Trades – Electrician
Employment Type: Full Time
3ME Technology is a technology clean-tech powerhouse focused on designing and supplying battery and electric vehicles systems to the mining, military, and marine industries. We have a team that are passionate about enhancing safety, performance, and sustainability within these markets. Together we empower change in the highest, deepest, and toughest applications through supply and support of next-generation, heavy-duty batteries, and e-mobility systems. We deliver next-generation battery technologies, including but not limited to battery electric mining vehicles (BEV), next-generation soldier power solutions and underwater remote operating vehicles (ROV). We innovate, we create, manufacture and assemble designs that come to life with a range of cross-functional project teams who collaborate to design a specific system and develop it end-to-end.
We have an exciting NEW OPPORTUNITY for experienced Site Service Technicians to join our team based in Cardiff. This is a customer facing role and is required to travel to sites to support our customers with the safety inspections and support with the education and introduction to site to operate electric heavy vehicles and other battery management systems.
In this role, you will be collaborating with the workshop, production, engineering, and project management teams to perform general electrical duties, additionally including all functions related to electrical controls, equipment and wiring onsite Australia wide. Combined with great communication skills and the ability to work within a team, you will be required to perform testing, troubleshooting, installation, repair work on electrical components and assist with site implementation and maintenance of Electric Vehicles and battery systems.
Your role includes, however is not limited to:
- Demonstrated ability to carry out safety inspections on the products to ensure it meets all relevant safety requirements and standards ensuring the safety of yourself and others by observing all local, state, and national electrical codes.
- Assist and provide support with the introduction to site of operating Electric Vehicles and other battery systems.
- Perform scheduled assessments and preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Evaluate, make recommendations, and provide guidance on required repairs, maintenance, and ideas to improve the products.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical and material handling equipment.
- Ability to work with a team including Industrial Electrician, Electrical Engineers, and Apprentices, on a variety of projects.
- Identify electrical needs/scope of work for future production/Maintenance works.
- Modify vehicle electrical harnesses and add new plugs.
- Maintain up to date documentation and drawings.
- Experience in switchboard wiring and commissioning.
- Exposure to vehicle and plant wiring.
- Exposure to or experience in standard application and auditing.
Your qualifications, knowledge and experience will include:
- Qualified Electrical Trade Certificate or Automotive Electrician Trade and hold a current Electrical Licence.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a similar role and desirable electrical experience working within projects teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current Australian electrical safety regulations and workplace, health, and safety standards.
- Demonstrated experience reading schematic drawings.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and solutions focused mindset.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team and autonomously.
- Ability to learn diagnostic processes over CAN or similar.
- Desired knowledge or experience working within a hazardous area would be an advantage.
To be considered for this role you will be:
- Must be an Australian Citizen
- Qualified and hold your current electrical licence,
- Hold your current NSW Drivers Licence,
- Subject to Police Background checks
- Have the ability to obtain a Defence Security Clearance.
What do we offer you?
- The opportunity to be part of a great company, great culture that was recently awarded the Most Innovative Company by Financial Review Boss
- Development opportunities
- Competitive remuneration package
- Work life balance
- Team social activities such as physical fitness and BBQ lunches
- Collaborative team-based culture and working environment.
- Novating leasing benefits
- Great location (Cardiff, NSW) being 20 mins from beaches and Newcastle CBD.
No responses yet